This training course has numerous practices that will help you acquire the skills to create and display engineering, manufacturing, and assembly information directly on the 3D part, assembly, or process model. This extensive hands-on course will provide you with a thorough understanding of geometric tolerances, dimensions, notes, and other annotations critical to the accurate and cost-effective creation of mechanical parts and assemblies. This course complies with the industry and government initiated American Society of Mechanical Engineers’ (ASME) Y14.41 3D standards for the creation and submission of model only, paperless design applications.
Topics Covered in this 3DEXPERIENCE Training Course:
Prerequisites for this 3DEXPERIENCE Training Course:
- Introduction to 3D tolerancing and annotation
- 3D Tolerancing & Annotation (3D T&A) application overview
- Annotation process
- Extracting 2D views from the 3D model
- Annotation planes and extraction views
- Construction geometry
- Semantic and non-semantic annotations
- Datum reference frames
- Tolerance Advisor
- Basic dimensions
- Annotations: text, flag notes, datum elements, datum targets, surface texture, and dimensions
- Restricted areas
- Annotation visualization tools: query, grouping, leader symbols, annotation mirror and transfer, and filters
- Cameras and captures
- Geometry connection management
- 3D T&A analysis and reporting
- Annotation creation at the product level
- 3D Annotation Insight app
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.
- Working knowledge of GD&T application and completion of the 3DEXPERIENCE: Introduction to CATIA Modeling course are recommended.