In this course, you learn the process of designing models using the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production. Upon completion of this training course, you will have acquired the skills to confidently work in the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and gained an understanding of the parametric design philosophy of the CATIA apps.
Topics Covered in this 3DEXPERIENCE Training Course:
Prerequisites in this 3DEXPERIENCE Training Course:
- 3DEXPERIENCE Platform Overview
- 3DEXPERIENCE Platform PLM Objects
- Launching the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- 3DEXPERIENCE Platform User Interface
- Customizing the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- Creating and Constraining Sketch Geometry
- Sketched Feature Techniques and Formulas
- Adding Material with Pad and Shaft Features
- Removing Material with Pocket and Groove Features
- Creating Reference Elements for construction and measurement
- Fillet, Chamfer, Hole, Draft, and Shell Dress-Up Features
- Pattern, Copy, and Mirror Duplication Features
- Thin Features, Stiffeners
- Rib and Slot Features
- Multi-sections Solid Features
- Feature Management Using the Hide / Show, Activate / Deactivate Functions
- Parent/Child Relationships and Feature Failure Resolution
- Obtaining Part Information
- Managing Object Lifecycles
- Assembly Design using Engineering Connections and Constraints
- Constraint Creation and Assembly Management
- Obtaining Assembly Information (Measure, Clash, and Bill of Materials)
- Standard Parts from Catalogs and Save Management
- Working with Drawings in the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- Working with Multi-Body Models
- Effective Modeling Tips and Techniques
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.
- Access to the 3DEXPERIENCE 2022x platform, including access to the CATIA Part Design, CATIA Assembly Design, CATIA Drafting, ENOVIA Collaborative Lifecycle, ENOVIA Product Finder, and ENOVIA Design IP Classification apps.
- Permission to import 3DXML files.