Acquire the skills to create and display engineering, manufacturing, and assembly information directly on the 3D part, assembly, or process model. This extensive hands-on course will provide you with a thorough understanding of geometric tolerances, dimensions, notes, and other annotations critical to the accurate and cost-effective creation of mechanical parts and assemblies. The 3D Functional Tolerancing & Annotation course complies with the industry and government initiated American Society of Mechanical Engineers' (ASME) Y14.41 3D standards for the creation and submission of model only, paperless design applications.
Fundamental Topics in this CATIA Training Course:
Prerequisites for this CATIA Training Course:
- Introduction to Functional Tolerancing & Annotation
- Workbench overview
- Annotation process
- Extracting 2D view from the 3D model
- Annotation planes and extraction views
- Construction geometry
- Semantic and non-semantic annotations
- Datum Reference Frames
- Tolerance Advisor
- Basic Dimensions
- Annotations: Text, Flag Notes, Datum Elements, Datum Targets, Roughness, Dimensions
- Restricted Areas
- Annotation Visualization Tools: Query, Grouping, Leader Symbols, Annotation Mirror and Transfer, Filters
- Cameras and Captures
- Geometry Connection Management
- FT&A analysis and reporting
- Product Functional Tolerance and Annotation workbench
CATIA Introduction to Modeling, working knowledge of GD&T application
Course description shown for CATIA V5-6R2018.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.