This training course is intended to provide accelerated introductory training in the CATIA software. This training course is designed for users who have 3D modeling design experience with other 3D CAD software packages (e.g., Creo Parametric™, Inventor™, NX™, SolidWorks®, etc.).
By leveraging the experience users gain in working with other 3D modeling software packages, this hands-on, practice-intensive guide is developed so that users who are new to CATIA can benefit from a shorter, introductory-level, training course. You are taught how to find and use the modeling tools associated with familiar modeling strategies that are used in other 3D CAD software. You will acquire the knowledge necessary to complete the process of creating models from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production.
Fundamental Topics in this CATIA V5-6 Training Course:
Prerequisites in this CATIA V5-6 Training Course:
- Customization of CATIA V5 Environment
- Creating and Constraining Sketch Geometry
- Sketched Feature Techniques and Formulas
- Adding Material with Pad and Shaft Features
- Thin Features, Stiffeners
- Removing Material with Pocket and Groove Features
- Rib and Slot Features
- Creating Reference Elements for Construction and Measurement
- Fillet, Chamfer, Hole, Draft, and Shell Dress-Up Features
- Pattern, Copy, and Mirror Duplication Features
- Obtaining Part Information
- Generative Drafting View Creation
- Generative Drafting Dimensioning and Annotation
- Multi-Sections Solid Features
- Feature Management using the Hide/Show, Activate/Deactivate Functions
- Parent/Child Relationships and Feature Failure Resolution
- Assembly Design Workbench
- Constraint Creation, Assembly Management, and PDM Considerations
- Obtaining Assembly Information (Measure, Clash, and Bill of Materials)
- Working with Multi-Body Models
Experience in mechanical design and drawing production using 3D CAD software.
Class topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.