Learn the process of designing models with CATIA from conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production. Upon completion of this course you will have acquired the skills to confidently work with CATIA. Gain an understanding of the parametric design philosophy of CATIA in this extensive hands-on course. It is recommended that all new users of CATIA take this course.
Fundamental Topics in this CATIA Training Course:
Complimentary when you purchase this course:
- Overview of Parametric Design Process
- Customization of CATIA V5 Environment
- Creating and Constraining Sketch Geometry
- Sketched Feature Techniques and Formulas
- Adding Material with Pad and Shaft Features
- Removing Material with Pocket and Groove Features
- Creating Reference Elements for Construction and Measurement
- Fillet, Chamfer, Hole, Draft, and Shell Dress-Up Features
- Pattern, Copy, and Mirror Duplication Features
- Thin Features, Stiffeners
- Obtaining Part Information
- Generative Drafting View Creation
- Generative Drafting Dimensioning and Annotation
- Rib and Slot Features
- Multi-sections Solid Features
- Feature Management using the Hide / Show, Activate / Deactivate Functions
- Parent/Child Relationships and Feature Failure Resolution
- Assembly Design Workbench
- Constraint Creation, Assembly Management, and PDM Considerations
- Obtaining Assembly Information (Measure, Clash, and Bill of Materials)
- Standard Parts from Catalogs and Save Management
- Working with Multi-Body Models
- Effective Modeling Tips and Techniques
Quick Reference Cards: Part & Assembly Design Workbench / Sketcher Workbench
Prerequisites for this CATIA Training Course:
Experience in mechanical design and drawing production is recommended.
Course description shown for CATIA V5-6R2018.
Topics, curriculum, and/or prerequisites may change depending on software version.